Step 1: warm up
Enjoy a video about animals, and then ask the Ss to speak out the words of animals.
Step 2: presentation
1. T says “Just now we knew many animals, now let’s introduce
2. T shows some pictures on the screen, and teaches the Ss new words: smaller, bigger, thinner, heavier and stronger.
3. Ask the Ss to read these new words.
Step 3: Practice (Play a game)
T shows these new words one second, and then Ss must remember these words and spell them.
Step 4: Learn the new sentence
1. T shows two pictures on the screen, there are an elephant and a giraffe, they are talking about weight. Lead to the main sentence: How heavy are you?
2. T asks some Ss like this:
T: How heavy are you?
S1:I am …kilograms.
Ss practice this dialogue in twos.
Step 5: Say more sentences using smaller, bigger, thinner, heavier and stronger.
For example: Mike’s fish is bigger than Chen Jie’s.
Step 6: chant
Mike is taller than Lee,
Lee is taller than Sue,
Sue is taller than Amy,
How tall are you?
Amy is smaller than Sue,
Sue is smaller than Lee,
Lee is smaller than Mike,
Are you smaller than me?
Step 7: Homework
1. Listen to the tape, and read these new words five times.
2. Write about your good friends, using the comparison adjectives.(形容詞比較級)